- The BCG Carbon at Christmas Event
17th December 2015, Society of Chemical Industry, London, UK (Flyer)
- International Nuclear Graphite Specialists Meeting
13th-16th September 2015, The National College, Nottingham UK.
- NanoteC15 – Nanotechnology in Carbon and Related Materials
14th-17th September 2015, Corpus Christi College, Oxford, UK (Flyer
- Carbon 2015
12th-16th July 2015, Dresden, Germany
- The BCG 2015 Spring Meeting and AGM 16th April 2015, BAT Group Research & Development, Southampton, UK
- BCG/RSC Nanostructures Awards meeting
31 October 2014, RSC Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, UK
- New Advances in Carbon Nanomaterials
1-3 September 2014, London, UK
- NanoteC14 (alternative link)
20th – 23th August 2014, Hotel Le Plaza, Brussels, Belgium
- Carbon in Electrochemistry
28-30 July 2014, Sheffield, UK
- Carbon 2014
29th June-4th July 2014, Jeju, Korea (flyer)
- 4th EdF Energy Generation Ltd Nuclear Graphite Conference(registration)
6th-9th May 2014, The National College, Nottingham UK
- The BCG May Day Graphene and AGM(flyer)
1st May 2014, RSC Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, UK
- British Carbon Group Christmas Graphene Bash
18th December 2013, Staff House, University of Manchester
- Sustainable carbon management & 6th Ubbelohde Lecture by Prof. Francisco Rodriguez-Reinoso of the University of Alicante
6th November 2013, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Imperial College
- British Carbon Group Christmas Meeting 2012 & Ubbelohde Memorial Lecture (Prof John Patrick of the University of Nottingham)
20th December 2012, University of Manchester, UK
- NanoteC’2012 in Sussex
August 29th-September 1st 2012, Sussex University, Brighton, UK. (details)
- 9th European Conference on Coal Research and its Applications
10-12th September 2012, University of Nottingham Jubilee Campus (website), organised by the coal research forum.
- Real world applications of carbons
4th April 2012, Group Research and Development, British American Tobacco, Southampton, a one-day meeting, free of charge (write-up in Chemistry and Industry).
- NanoteC’2011 in Nantes
2011 NanoteC was held 31st August-3rd September at Nantes, France, corresponding with a large free jazz festival (website).
- Medical Devices and Carbon Materials: Current issues in Health and the Environment
21-22nd September 2011, University of Brighton (website).
- Modelling and Measuring Reactor Core Graphite Properties and Performance
1st – 3rd November 2011, Aston University, Birmingham (website).
- Carbon 2011, Shanghai, China, July 24-29, 2011
- Carbon 2010, Clemson, USA, July 11-16, 2010
- NanoteC’2010 in Oxford
2010 NanoteC will be held 1-4th September at Corpus Christi College, Oxford, supported by the Department of Materials (website).
- 11th International Nuclear Graphite Meeting, 12-15th September 2010, Eastbourne (website).
- Carbon and Industrial Applications, a free one day meeting bringing together industry and academic carbon scientists. 10:00-16:30, Friday 16th April 2010, Southampton. Read a summary of the meeting, abstracts, Registration Form and Travel Information.
- AWARD WINNERS! Following Britain’s strong showing at the 2008 Olympics, 2009 proved a good year for British Carbon Science. At this year’s world Congress on Carbon in Biarritz, Gemma Haffenden was awarded the Brian Kelly Award, and Tony Wickham was named as the first recipient of the European Carbon Association (ECA) Award for services to Carbon Science (seen here receiving the award from ECA President, Rosa Mendez). Congratulations to them both!
- Computational Carbon and AGM, 18th December 2009, Department of Materials, Oxford University, 12:30pm.more.
- Brazilian Carbon Group Meeting, Rio de Janeiro, October 19th and 23rd, 2009.
- NanoteC09 : Brussels, Belgium, August 26-29th 2009
- Carbon 2009 organised by the French Carbon Group (GFEC), Biarritz, France, June 14-19, 2009.
- Carbon in Health, the Environment and Energy : Manchester University, March 31st-April 1st 2009
- Capital Carbon – 16th December 2008, Institute of Physics, London
A one day meeting coupled with the British Carbon Group AGM.
Download the programme, The 2008 AGM Announcement.
- CNT@Cambridge – 5th December 2008, Cambridge, UK.
The BCG was pleased to support the Cambridge CNT Symposium, a one-day symposium on carbon nanotubes, a great introduction to the field.
- Securing the Safe Performance of Graphite Reactor Cores – 24th-26th November 2008, Nottingham, UK.
- NanoteC’08 – August-September 2008, Brighton, UK.
- 4th Symposium on: Adsorption and other Interfacial Phenomena in Carbon Materials, The Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Scotland: 1st-2nd April 2008
- “Capital Carbon”: an afternoon meeting in London concerning the latest developments in carbon science and technology. It included the BCG Annual General Meeting, 18th December 2007 (Institute of Physics, 76 Portland Place, more details here)
- Carbon 2008 organised by the Japanese Carbon Group.
- Carbon 2007 organised by the American Carbon Society and held on the 15th-20th of July 2007 in Seattle, Washington State.
- 1st International Carbon Composites Conference in Aerospace Valley, September 17th – 19th, 2007 Archachon (France)
- International Conference no Coal Science a nd Technology 28th-31st August 2007, Nottingham
- Nanotec07, 29th August-1st September at University of Sussex, Brighton, UK.
- Solutions for Irradiated Graphite Waste-A Cont ribution to the Accelerated Decommissioning of Graphite-Moderated Nuclear Reacto rs, March 21st-23rd 2007, Manchester
- Schunk Materials Award 2007: Deadline 31 May of 2007
2006 and previous
- Carbon 2006 organised by the British Carbon Group and held on the 16th-21st July 2006 in Aberdeen, UK.Lifetime Achievement Award Lecture in Carbon 2006 by Professor Emeritus Harry Marsh (University of Newcastle upon Tyne)
Sixty Years in Carbon Science
- Extraordinary general meeting 14th December 2006, London. The EGM received and approved the 2005 accounts and elected Dr Tony Wickham FRSC as Honorary Treasurer with effect from 1 Jan 2007. The outgoing Honorary Treasurer was thanked for his hard work during his tenure, especially the very demanding period before, during and after C2006.
- Hot topics in graphene based materials , 14th December 2006, London
- The Future of Fossil Fuels, organised by the Energy Management of the Institute of Physics, 26 October 2006, The Institute of Physics, London
- Carbon 2006, Aberdeen, UK, 16th-21th July 2006.
- NanoteC’06 as part of Carbon 2006, from 16-21st July 2006
- Nanoporous Carbons Summer School 13th-15th July 2006, in Aberdeen
- SCHOOL ON NANOTUBES at the Institut Scientifique of Cargese in Corsica (France) on 3rd-15th of July 2006
- Ageing Management of Graphite Reactor Cores Conference, Cardiff, 28th-30th November 2005.
- Advances in Carbon Electronics seminar on the 18th of November 2005.
- 2005 Annual General Meeting at NanoteC in Brighton, 2nd September 2005 (meeting notice)
- NanoteC’05: Nanotechnology in carbon and related materials, Brighton, Sussex, 31st August – 3rd September 2005)
- Surface Science Summer School 2005, University of Nottingham, UK, 21st-26th August 2005
- MC7: Functional Materials for the 21st Century, University of Edinburgh, UK, 5 – 8 July 2005
- IMechE seminar:Energy -Security of Supply, London, 13th April 2005.
- Carbon Materials Workshop: Science and Art, University of Brighton, UK, 21-22 March 2005
- IMechE Nanotechnology Seminar Burnham, Buckinghamshire, 9th December 2004 (see Brochure)
- NanoteC04, Batz sur Mer, France. 10/13th October 2004
- 14th International Activated Carbon Conference, Pittsburgh, PA. 7/8th October 2004
- Third International Seminar on Advances in Carbon Electronics, London, 1st October 2004
- Foresight Carbon, London. 30th September 2004
- 5th European Conference on Coal Research and its applications, September 6th 2004
- Carbon 2004, Brown University, Rhode Island, US. 11/16th July 2004.
- 2nd Symposium – Carbon Adsorbents: Porosity, Surface Chemistry & Use. At THE ROBERT GORDON UNIVERSITY, Aberdeen, UK. 28/29th April 2004. Details are available as a Word document
- Carbons in Electrochemistry. Electrochem 2003, Southampton, 14-17th September 2003.
- 4th Nuclear Graphite Specialist Meeting Kagawa, Japan, 13th-16th September 2003.
- NanoteC03. University of Sussex, dates: 27th-30th August 2003.
- Carbon 2003, July 6-10, Oviedo, Spain. Details are available as a Word document or by contacting Dr J. J. Pis or Dr R. Menendez.
The conference will emphasise new carbon materials and the need to enhance the efficiency of established materials, focusing sharply on the need and application.
- Carbon for Energy Applications, University of Leeds, 7th April 2003. This is a joint meeting of the Energy Sector of the RSC and the British Carbon Group of the RSC, IoP and SCI, organised by Professor John Patrick.
- NanoteC02. University of Sussex, 28th-31st August 2002.
- British Carbon Group workshop entitled “Carbon Adsorbents: Porosity, Surface Chemistry and Use”, 10-11 April 2002 at The Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen. Details are available as a Word document or by contacting Professor R. H. Bradley.
- Carbon 2002, Beijing, China.
- NanoteC01. University of Sussex, 29th August – 1st September 2001.
- Carbon 2001, American Carbon Society, Kentucky, 14-19 July 2001.
- Preparation, Properties and Applications of Coal-based carbon materials. University of Nottingham, 27-28 March 2001 (in association with the Coal Research Forum). Contact Prof John Patrick or Dr Mike Cloke for details.
- The Diamond session of Extended Defects in Semiconductors 2000 at the University of Sussex 18-22nd July 2000 was sponsored by the British Carbon Group
- NanoteC99 held at the University of Sussex at Brighton Sept 8-10 1999
- Chemical and Physical Characterisation of Carbonaceous Materials held at the University of Leeds 10-11 April 2000.